Foster Form Test
Foster A Dog
Interested in becoming a foster? Learn more about how it works below, and then submit a Foster Form.
We require a completed foster care application and an interview with you in your home.
- Foster parents must be 21 years of age.
- Foster parents must be able to provide a safe, loving and stable environment for the foster animal.
- In some instances, experience with animal behavioral or medical issues is a plus, but is not necessary.
- Foster parents must have common sense and patience.
Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of a foster volunteer include the daily care and maintenance of the foster dog(s), providing them with fresh food and water, and any necessary medications.
- Making sure they are safe, comfortable, and socialized during their stay in your home is important.
- Foster parents are also responsible for communicating to the program coordinator and staff any needs or concerns, whether medical, behavioral or other.
- Foster parents must be able to transport their foster animal(s) to and from veterinarian appointments and adoption events.
- Foster parents should actively participate in finding their foster animal(s) their forever homes.
The time commitment required in being a foster parent varies depending on the animals you are caring for. However, it is a big commitment regardless.
You are their caregiver day and night until they are adopted.